Owner – Nick Di Ponio
- Coach Di Ponio is a 1998 graduate of Orchard Lake St. Mary’s. While at St. Mary’s, Coach Di Ponio led the 1998 baseball team to its first state championship in school history. As a senior, he was named to the All State Dream Team, and USA Today All-American honorable mention. After high school, Coach Di Ponio continued his baseball career at Oakland University where he finished with a career .339 batting average, and currently ranks in the top ten all time in several offensive categories. Following his collegiate career at Oakland University, Coach Di Ponio continued his baseball career overseas in the Italian Professional Baseball League for four seasons. In 2002 he was a member of the San Marino Baseball Club that participated in the European Cup in Barcelona, Spain. Following his baseball career, Coach Di Ponio was the varsity head coach at Orchard Lake St. Mary’s from 2005-2010. In six seasons as head coach, Coach Di Ponio led OLSM to six district titles, three regional titles, and State Runner-Up finishes in 2007 and 2009. Several of his players at OLSM went on to play in college and professional baseball. Coach Di Ponio currently coaches in the West Oakland Wings youth travel baseball program.
Director of Sports and Programming – Matt Humenay
- Coach Matt is a 2002 graduate of Livonia Churchill High School. While at Livonia Churchill he was a 3-year starting shortstop and pitcher. As a senior, he was named to the All-Conference team and was named team MVP. After high school, Coach Matt continued his baseball career at Madonna University, where he played shortstop and second base. Following his collegiate career at Madonna University, Coach Matt spent 11 years at the YMCA of Metro Detroit. He started out as a part time Sports Coordinator and grew that to a full time position, he also spent time as a Youth and Family Director and most recently as the Regional Director of Sports overseeing eight branches in total. Three and a half years out of the 11 were spent at the Carls Family YMCA in Milford. Coach Matt has run clinics, camps, programs and leagues for kids from the age of 3 to 18. He has experience coaching and running programs for basketball, soccer, volleyball, softball, and baseball. He will also be coaching in the West Oakland Wings youth travel baseball program. Certified as a USA Baseball Coach.
Office Manager- Angela Willis
- Angela is a Graduate of Indiana University with a degree in Psychology and Business (Go Hoosiers!). She is also a lifelong sports fan and proud supporter of her 3 children’s sporting endeavors. Angela has worked in Human Resources, IT and started working in youth sports after watching her children develop a love for soccer. She began volunteering with the Huron Valley Soccer Club, as a board member, and later as treasurer. That eventually lead to the role of league administrator for the Huron Valley Travel Recreational Soccer league as well as assisting in administrative duties for the Huron Valley Jaguars Travel Soccer Program. Angela has also worked as a guest teacher in the Huron Valley District from 2015-2020. She continues to oversee the recreational soccer league now offered through the HV Athletic Complex. Angela manages our front desk, scheduling, marketing and tries to keep our office staff on task. She is passionate about the kids in our community having access to a variety of sports and is excited to be a part of the HV Athletic Complex team!
Director Of Baseball and Softball – Pat Misch
- Pat graduated from Western Michigan University and played four seasons for the Broncos. He was then drafted in the 7th round by the San Francisco Giants. He has played over 14 seasons of professional baseball, parts of six seasons in the Major Leagues with the Giants and New York Mets. Also, making stops with the Philadelphia Phillies, Detroit Tigers, Miami Marlins, Santurce Cangrejeroes (Puerto Rico), Lamigo Monkeys (Taiwan), and Orix Buffaloes (Japan). His goal is to provide workouts and routines designed for each individuals needs and goals, develop habits to stay healthy and strong, create positive mindsets with mental training, help you understand how your pitches work, and help you reach your greatest potential.
Mar 23, 2015; Jupiter, FL, USA; Miami Marlins starting pitcher Pat Misch (47) delivers a pitch against the New York Mets at Roger Dean Stadium.
Directors of Basketball – Chip Lutz and Bob Brugger
- Over 350 combined Varsity Basketball victories.
- Numerous KLAA Division, Conference, and Association Championships.
- Multiple MHSAA District Championships.
- Coordinated countless number of private and small group instruction skill sessions.
- Dozens of former players have gone on to participate in Collegiate Athletics.
Instructor – Jake Lee
- Jake Lee is a 2013 graduate of Milford High School where he was a 4-year letter winner for the Mavericks baseball team. After high school, Jake continued his baseball career at Hillsdale College where he started as an infielder and pitcher during his freshman season. He then transferred to Oakland University to finish his collegiate career. At Oakland, Jake was a starting pitcher who as a senior was an All-Horizon League second team selection. He led the Horizon League in strikeouts in 2017 and 2018 with 86 and 112 respectively. During his Senior season, Jake’s 112 strikeouts broke the single-season school strikeout record at Oakland University, and ranked fourth nationally in strikeouts per nine innings. He pitched a one-hit complete game against UIC with 14 strikeouts which earned him the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association Division 1 National Pitcher of the Week, one of Collegiate Baseball’s National Players of the Week, and the Horizon League Pitcher of the Week. Jake was then drafted in the 9th round by the Los Angeles Angels. His first professional season was played in Utah with the Orem Owlz where he was named a Pioneer League All-Star.
Instructor – Heather Davis
- Heather (Giroux) Davis brings extensive softball experience, both as a former Division 1 player and current fastpitch coach. While attending Clarkston High School, Heather was a four-year letter winner, and compiled several accolades as an outfielder, infielder, and catcher. In her senior season, she led her team to the state semifinals, and was elected to the All-County Dream Team, and to the All-State Team as a catcher. She was a member of an elite travel softball program for 10 years, before she moved on to attend Eastern Michigan University on a softball scholarship.
- During her time at EMU, Davis was a four-year starting Centerfielder, and two-time Academic All-MAC honoree. Entering her college career as a right-handed hitter, known for her speed, Davis made the transition to a left-handed slap hitter and power slapper, further broadening her impact on the Eagles’ offense. As a junior, Heather was a key contributor to the 2007 MAC Championship team, where the Eagles advanced to their first NCAA tournament in program history.
- Heather brings 6 years of youth softball coaching experience to the team, currently coaching Finesse 10U Davis, an elite program based out of Michigan.